Thursday, December 07, 2006

A link and a rant

Link


A mundane story about an auction leads to an unfortunate headline.

Rant


There's new software at Blogger.com in beta. I'm not using it yet, because

a) I'd need to get a Google account - they don't seem to be able to use my existing credentials.

b) It's in beta. As an IT person, I know that means that it's not production quality. I have no intention of trusting my blog to beta software. In fact, I find it highly unethical that Google is pushing this non-production quality software onto its users so hard. When I sign in now, I have to go through a screen that tries to persuade me to transfer my blog to this unfinished software. There's also a big banner add at the top of my accont page that's doing the same thing. This is nothing more than spam.

Comments:
Hi Jeremy.

I've switched to beta on the least important of my two blogs, and haven't had any probs to date.

I'm not taking any risks with http://edibleaudibles.blogspot.com !!!
 
That's one good reasong gone - it's not beta anymore :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?