Friday, August 04, 2006

Disadvantage cards

When I'm working in Aldershot, I often get my lunch at Boots. Every time I buy anything there, the cashier asks me if I have "an Advantage Card". The answer is "no, and please stop asking me", however, I always stop after the "no" part for some reason.

The stupidity of the whole situation was brought home today when I overheard the following while standing in the queue:

Cashier to shopper: "You're in every day, just think how much you could save if you had an advantage card."

Firstly, this shopper was well known to the cashier and every time she asks him if he has an advantage card he says "no". An y reasonable person would have got the message by now and stopped asking.

Secondly, the whole thing is a con trick to get people to pay Boots' inflated prices. If they were really so concerned about us customers saving money, they would cancel the scheme and use the money they saved to make everything a bit cheaper for everybody.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?