Saturday, August 19, 2006

Crash 2

I was proceeding along the A33 in a Northerly direction. It was dark with no street lights. In the headlights of an on coming car I thought I saw what looked like people silhouetted in the road. Next thing I knew, there was a flock of five or six horses galloping towards me. I did my best to push the brake pedal through the floor of the car and miraculously I failed to hit any of the horses.

Looking in my rear view mirror, I watched the lights of a car behind me veer off the road as it went into a ditch. Both the guys in it were a bit shaken but otherwise OK. The car itself had faired worse. The driver thought he had hit one of the horses and it was, in fact, missing the door mirror. I noticed that there was a bit of a dent in the driver's side front wing and was running my hand along it when I felt something a bit squidgey. There was a small piece of horse flesh caught in the gap between the wing and the driver's door.

Comments:
He got there first - I was about to say can you have a flock of horses?

How much had you had to drink?
 
Errr - was there any dead horses?
 
The horses all ran down the road so none were dead that we saw.

I wasn't drunk.

I didn't give a witness account. There were loads of others who saw it all.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?