Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Buses

My blog is like buses. I have nothing to say for months, and then loads of things come up at once.

Airport Security (again)


I see there have been a number of security lapses on aeroplanes since the clamp down.

Why have all these security issues come up just now, exactly when security is supposed to be tighter? Well, of course, the answer is that they have suddenly become newsworthy. These things probably have always been happening all the time, I have been on at least one flight where a mobile phone rang at an inappropriate moment. I've also been on a flight where somebody needed a cigarette and called the bluff about smoke alarms in the toilet. Sadly for him, the bluff wasn't and when he refused to surrender his lighter he ended up in handcuffs and leg restraints for 6 hours and was met off the plane by 14 policemen and women (I counted them).

There are loads of unsupported rumours flying about, but it appears that the poor 60 year old woman had some handcream that was mistaken for a banned substance. The banned substance in question was vaseline. Why is vaseline a banned substance?

Eloquence


Apparently John Prescott has thrown off the shackles of incomprehensibility and said

Bush is crap

(I heard it on Newsnight, but I can't verify the story)

Three syllables with more more clarity than everything he's ever said before.

A worthwhile campaign


What is the caps lock key for? On my laptop, the caps lock key is twice as big as any other but I only ever use it by CCIDENT WHEN I WAS REALLY fter the "A" key. My laptop has a caps lock which is twice the size of a normal key, but it has no delete key. It does have a backspace, but backspace is useless when you need to press ctrl-alt-del to bring up a Windows login dialogue box. Anyway, some people have noticed.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?