Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Did the Earth move for you?

I got to the hotel at around 1pm. My room was on the 6th floor. I was pretty tired, so I decided to stop in my room for the rest of the day. So I lay on my bed watching the Chinese Grand Prix and suddenly I got this bizarre sensation that the room was moving. I'm tired, I thought, it's that whirley sensation you sometimes get after coming off a long flight, perhaps as a result of deep vein thrombosis.

Then I realised the bed actually was moving. Perhaps, this was some Japanese mechanical automatic rocking bed and I had inadvertantly switched it on. Then I realised other things in the room were moving back and forth and in fact the whole room was moving back and forth. This carried on for about a minute during which the hotel completely failed to collapse, so I went back to watching the Grand Prix.

That's how I survived my first earthquake.

Comments:
Wow! What are the chances of you going to Toyko for a few days and experiencing an earthquake?
 
Hey - your blog says no comments still!
 
Don't you both know that earthquakes are an almost daily occurance in Japan? That's what my friend said anyway!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?