Friday, July 08, 2005

A mistake

I had planned to go up to London today, but cancelled in anticipation of serious transport problems. I now realise that was a big mistake, mainly because of a photograph they showed on Newsnight. The photo was of a normal underground train with lots of people on it reading "Metro" the free London newspaper. The only strange thing was, of course that the front page of the Metro was a full page photo of a scene from yesterday.

Nobody was batting an eyelid. It was an ordinary day with some particularly tragic news from the day before. People were quietly getting on with their lives.

I didn't cancel my trip to London out of fear but out of inconvenience. Even so, I feel I have given the terrorists a tiny little victory and I'm annoyed I let them get away with it.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?