Thursday, November 04, 2004

Squaring the Circle

I was reading Liam's blog and he was bemoaning the fact that the perforations in a new tax disc which are supposed to let you tear it out of the square bit of paper it comes in are pretty much non-functional. I found this interesting because I also bought a new tax disc the other day but my question is "why are tax discs round at all?" If we called them tax rectangles, the problems would all go away.

The only reason I have to tear my tax disc out of the bit of paper in is to make it fit into the tax disc holder on my car (note it has a recent innovation which allows you to change the disc without removing the holder from the windscreen). I'm going in to business to manufacture tax disc holders which are big and rectangular.

Comments:
I use scissors to cut mine out. And find it curiously satisfying too :)
 
Hi Jeremy,

when you get the manufacturing up and running, I'd like to buy two please.

Gosh, my blog is already being mentioned in other blogs.. wow.. Cheers. :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?