Monday, August 02, 2004

In the beginning was the word

No I'm not talking about the programme on which the lead singer of L7 got her kit off. Ooo, I just remembered I liked the song they were singing. I'll just see if it's on iTunes....

Result! Found it and bought!

I've just been seized with an irrational desire to learn New Testament Greek. Why? It's irrational; how am I supposed to know why?

I recently found Rejection of Pascal's Wager which is a critical analysis of early Christianity and the texts surrounding it. Now, obviously you can't trust a site like this, which has an agenda, so you have to go to the scholarly sources which invariably involve lots of quoting from original Greek texts. Hence I need to learn NT Greek, plus knowing the Greek alphabet might make the Bernoulli equation easier to read. The NT Gateway seems to have lots of resources on it to help me.

It's "Pretend we're dead" in case you missed the episode. Frankly they did a better job on "The Word" than in the studio (I still seem to have the video tape for some reason). Oooo I wonder if there's a "The Word" album on iTunes....

Addendum


Bernoulli


Maybe I was wrong about Bernoulli's equation. I thought it went "pi eta a rho v" but my internet research is drawing a blank. The point is: there is an equation in physics that was just a string of Greek and latin letters that probably spells a rude word. Can anybody enlighten me?

L7


The other thing I remember about L7 apart from the singer taking her trousers and pants off and the song being really good was that the drummer looked a bit like my brother's girlfriend at the time. They're married to each other now; my brother and his girlfriend (let's call her Claire) not Claire and the drummer from L7, or my brother and the drummer from L7 who I think is called Dee, but the web site is a bit vague.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?