Friday, July 30, 2004

Proggie by us and the spider from baths

Rich and Luke and I have just embarked on a new webby project that will blow everybody's socks off. It's the pneumatic footwear remover....

Well no, it's a bit more prosaic than that. Anyway, Rich has already mocked up the web site look and feel and I can tell you it looks pretty spiffy already even though when you press the wrong button you get mysql errors. He can work wonders on half an hour of tax payers time ahem. As it was my idea, I'm in charge and coordinating (oh dear). We are using Subversion to control the source code which is PHP and mysql. There will be regular updates as we go along.

Spiders? oh yes, I also meant to talk about spiders. Basically, there was one in my bath this morning. Now, I'm a man with a beer gut to prove it and therefore not frightened of anything.

Except spiders.

I firmly believe it will be a spider that kills me. One day there will be one in my shoe or in a glass of water I'm drinking and it'll give me a cardiac arrest. That's what they do to me. Don't even ask me to touch one, much less pick it up.

So I have a dilemma. Either I deal with the spider or go around ponging all day. The second option is looking good especially as I have had no accidents (look for "Orifices" - actually don't), but there are strategies for removing spiders from baths.

The vacuum cleaner did the trick. There was only a slight queasy moment as the spider rattled down the tube. I carefully put the vacuum cleaner away with the nozzle pointing upward to make it harder for the spider to get out again.

There's no hot water.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?