Tuesday, July 20, 2004

In Tune

I was browsing the iTunes Music Store this evening when I noticed an e-mail from iTunes that had just arrived in my in box. Every Tuesday they add a few albums to the music store for my perusal.

Opening the e-mail, I noticed that one of this week's new releases was "Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols". People say I have strange tastes in music (in fact I was pondering this while downloading "Gimme All Your Lovin'" and "All Around my Hat" in the same session just now). I have always considered this phrase proved by the fact that I like the work of both the Sex Pistols and Pink Floyd. I seem to remember that at the time that was like supporting Arsenal and Spurs simultaneously. (NB I didn't pick up my taste for the Sex Pistols until the mid 80's).

Well I clicked on the NMtBHtSP link to have a nostalgic look and what did I see under "Listeners Also Bought"? Meddle and Wish You Were Here. Seems I'm not so unique. I wonder if there's a coming together effect. As music gets older from the perspective of the years it gets more similar.

Anyway I've bought the wrong version of Make Me Smile by accident (the live one), so I'll have to get the real one now.

Wow! Suzi Quattro did it too.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?