Sunday, May 16, 2004

Up the Arsenal

Fantastic!

I've been an Arsenal fan since aged eight when my best friend was given a new red and white tracksuit and we had to support a team that played in red and white. It's fortunate that he got his tracksuit before me because mine was blue and white which would have made us both Chelsea fans. Lucky escape, huh?

I've been thinking about how the achievement of going a whole league season unbeaten ranks with (say) Man Ure's treble. Unfortunately, being honest, I'd much rather have lost a couple of league games and still be in the FA Cup and Champions League.

Congratulations to the team anyway. It's still a fine achievement especially when you consider that the squad is pretty thin at the moment and we spent almost nothing last summer.

Link
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?