Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Round the Island Race

I've signed up to crew for my boss, Andy, for the Round the Island Race this year. It's a race for sailing boats that goes anti-clockwise around the Isle of Wight. I reckon we have a good chance in the "Extremely heavy 44ft slow cruiser" class. The boat in question is a Beneteau 44, several years old but with a brand new sail.

In fact, it's not Andy who's entered but the guy he sold a half share in it to and Andy and I are both going to be helping reduce the weight by drinking the lager in the fridge. Before you ask, once drunk the lager has to go somewhere and we don't keep a tank of used beer (as it were) on board. Swimming in the Solent is not a good plan.

Link
Comments:
Well Jeremy, I think I know you already even though we haven't met yet. I'm the bloke who now has the other half of Moana.

Andy and I haven't worked out who has which half yet and which way to slice her in two if we have a disagreement.

Drinking all the beer on board sounds like a good plan and I wish I could join you in that extremely important task of reducing unwanted weight on board.

I have an upgrade to your plan which involves you and Andy in the rubber dinghy drinking the beer (I see you like the dinghy ride from your photos on your web-site) this way we can reduce even more weight. I just hope you have enough fuel in the little outboard for 50 miles........
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?